Portfolio Manager opportunity in a community bank with about $1B in total assets, with a wide range of sizes and types of loans. This bank considers their employees their most valuable assets. They provide opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in tools and training. The next step in advancement would be regional president.
The primary role of the Portfolio Manager is to support the analysis of the credit worthiness of the organizations commercial credit relationships. This role is responsible for the client credit relationships in the commercial lending segment, frequently serving as the client’s point of contact with the company. Affects sound and consistent underwriting and management of commercial loan risk within the assigned team while balancing the commitment to loan, deposit, and fee growth, overall client profitability, client retention, and credit quality.
- Develops and maintains all lending and new business relationships.
- Responsible for underwriting all renewals and modifications.
- Responsible for related HMDA, CRA, Reg B and Adverse Actions.
- Responsible for appropriate risk rating, PLR’s, past dues and ticklers.
- Monitors credits and test covenants.
- Responsible for maintaining organized and current credit files. This includes updated personal and company tax returns and financial statements. During deal process help prepare credit package for timely review and final approval including oral presentations to appropriate loan approval bodies. This includes obtaining and analyzing borrower financial statements, personal tax returns, stress-testing, profitability analysis and presentation of such material or any material that would be relevant for prudent risk management practices.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- 5-10 years related credit experience
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience
Please contact Taryn at (360) 203-7770 or email@example.com if you are willing to relocate or want to learn more about this and/or other opportunities.